Vision and Mission
Journey in Faith and Knowledge.
To guide the young people entrusted to us through their journey in faith and knowledge so that they may know the value of their own lives and contribute positively to the community and world in which they live.
Our Lady of the Southern Cross will strive to:
- Establish and promote an ethos of teaching and learning excellence where all strive to continually develop the individual’s spiritual, academic, social, cultural and physical potential;
- Provide opportunities for parents and caregivers, as the primary educators of our young people, to work in partnership with our College;
- Develop a shared understanding of Christian faith and life in the Catholic tradition by living Christ’s values;
- Encourage self-discipline with a caring and positive attitude;
- Promote a sense of respect, inclusiveness and compassion for others;
- Promote responsible stewardship of our College environment and resources; and
- Foster unity and trust between our College, Catholic parish, other faiths and wider community with integrity, acceptance and goodwill.
- Promote Catholic Social Teachings which are embedded in all subject areas of Human Dignity, Stewardship of Creation, Community and the Common Good, Subsidiarity, Solidarity.