COVID-19 Action Plan
The health and wellbeing of our students and every member of our community remains our number one priority. We take advice from the Australian Government and Queensland Health in relation to this matter and use it to inform our current practice.
What we are doing
- College Updates are regularly distributed via email, SZApp, Facebook and the College Newsletter. These are also available on our College Website.
- If a child presents at the College unwell, parents will be notified and requested to collect their child.
- Staff members who are unwell will be required to stay at home and seek medical advice if exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- All who attend the College, including staff, students and visitors must abide by our conditions of entry to the Campus:
- If you are unwell or displaying any of the symptoms of COVID-19 you will not be granted entry to the College
- As per the Queensland Government guidelines all adults must physical distance
- As per the Queensland Government anyone who has travelled to or from an international destination or an Australian COVID hotpost need to abide by the 14 days quarantine
- College Campus access is limited to essential visitors and contractors, who gain approval. All access via the College administration.
- Drop off and Collection procedures for students have been refined and are supported with extra staff
- Classroom Ventilation is encouraged, with environmental conditions, such as cold weather considered by supervising teacher
- Staff shared spaces areas are set out to ensure physical distancing
- Students, staff and all visitors to the College are reminded of personal hygiene best practice:
- Wash hands with soap and water and dry on arrival on campus, before and after eating, after using the toilet, before and after applying first aid. Posters have been placed around the College to reinforce this.
- Cover coughs and sneezes by using a tissue, dispose of used tissues, wash their hands
- Do not share water bottles
- Increased hygiene measures in practical subjects
- We are following established facility and resources cleaning protocols which meet required guidelines from the Queensland Government.
- Stock levels of essential cleaning and sanitiser products have been secured to service the needs of the College
- Adjustment to mass gatherings of students, including: assemblies, interschool activities, College cultural and sports events to reduce congregation and maintain the safety of all participants.
- College excursions and camps planned for Semester 1 have all been cancelled.
- Plans for Semester 2 activities will be guided by the latest information and government advice.
What can you do?
- Communicate with class teacher and College any concerns or updates on your child’s wellbeing and learning via digital platforms of dojo and email
- Stay up to date with College Updates and government advice regarding COVID-19
- Reinforce the importance of good hygiene practices in the home
- Follow drop off and collection process and College protocols to support the government regulations on social and physical distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Let us know how we can help support your child’s transition through this time
Version 3 Updated 5 August 2020
Our most recent updates from Mr Cuskelly will appear at the top of the links below as they become available. Please check our regular updates to stay informed.